Ir al contenido principal

Chess FINAL PROJECT


Today I finished the last of the semester. We need to create a chess and how it goes was a big challenge.
Based on the designs I created, I modelled my figures after the stars I sketched.


The order is the pawns, tower,  knight, bishop, queen, and king.


I print it today in the morning. One of the technicians helped me to set up my files in the correct way because I  was having a lot of struggles to set up the file on the printer.

It took a wile but at the end, all my six figures was ready to present.





I like the result but I saw that the base of the stars was too fragile and I have a lot of problems taking out the exterior structures, so if I have another chance to print it I will fix that. Otherwise, I feel that this was a good result knowing that I have a lot of trouble and problems trying to understand how to use rhino. So I think that I did my best on this course. 



Entradas más populares de este blog

Reversed Engineered Object: Selection of the objects

 For the new project, we have to take an object that we use in our daily life and observe and recreate it in rhino. So this week we are choosing the objects. Here are my sketches to understand the composition of the objects My choices are computer glasses. These have a simple frame and not so many add-ons. The second is a hair clip. It has a more detailed design but I feel it wouldn't be that hard to recreate and measure the clip. And lastly a mechanical pencil. I feel it could be a challenge but not impossible to model in rhino.  In this project, I don't want to create something very complex because I'm still having some problems understanding the program and I don't have to much time, but I want to create something that looks cool and pretty. 

Final Render of the Glasses (FINALLY DONE !!!!!)

 FINALLY, I DID THE RENDERS CORRECTLY!!! I have some help from one of my classmate's friends and she helped me a lot to understand the tools for rendering. And here is the final result: And how it looks in the explode mode:

Castle in Rhino 8

This is my first project in 3D programs of modeling. I never use one this programs before, but I have some experience doing some sculptures. So for this project, we had to make a castle in 3D and molded in Rhino.   My process for this piece was to take some reference images to create my castle. I took inspiration from the Beauty and the Beast live action castle and had the idea of making it as if it was made of glass. Then I made a sketch in Clip Studio of how to make the structure of the castle, and then I started to make it in Rhino. I did a 2D structure.  I had some difficulties to create the 2D structure, since I had never worked this way before. As well as at the moment I started to build the 3D structure, I had a lot of difficulties because I didn't understand how some Rhino tools work. So the final design was more simpler. And at the end I rendering with the material tool and using metal and glass to give it the fin